Those lovely fabric panels down below, I was going to order them for the basement and they're already gone, not to be restocked... damn. But then I thought about the library here, where the librarian keeps an overhead projector around just for people like me and we used it once on the lovely cribbage board we'd made. I then sent the librarian an email and asked if we could use it. Well, today I went in and I had another idea, too, so I sat and talked to her, asking to use the overhead, she signed me up for Monday when I'm going to buy five large canvases and draw them onto there and paint them myself. Excellent, but then I had to ask her something strange... would she consider, if I brought a piece of my artwork in, would she put it on a shelf with a sign underneath it that said 'free to whoever wants it'. I told her I was so tired of a dull, dreary and depressing world and my art was very 'happy', would she do it. She looked at me for a second and said she thought that was the loveliest idea she's ever heard of. I asked her how often I could bring one in and she said as often as I wanted to.
For me that suddenly opened the door to painting. Now I no longer have to worry about them building up in the basement and I will keep the ones I love, but we'll see if anyone out there wants any art for free. I know I'd love it...
If you want one, come to the library and get one!
I also mentioned this to a gal in town who's like my adopted daughter and she said that was wonderful and there is a woman who came into her shop and said 'here' 120... use it every month at 20 a pop to make a small flower arrangement to go over to the nursing home and give a boutique to whomever needs one that month. Kurt and I found that idea so lovely that we're going to give her 100 and tell her to do the same - and then keep repeating the process. I know I love flowers and to think a lot of those people are forgotten... nice for them to get remembered in a small way.
In a weary world, this is what we all need more of...