Monday, March 9, 2026

How do we stop this? How?

You know how they say that if you keep pushing at someone, little by little they will finally acquiesce and do things your way? Yeah, well, Google is doing the same damn thing. 

Like it wasn't bad enough when I'd be looking through their images for something completely innocuous like a zinnia flower, but then to be inundated with nude pictures of a slutty woman named zinnia... things that I can't control.

Well now they've got their lord and master, the great AI leading the way for their Google searches and when you take their survey in order to get the damn thing off your system it doesn't remove it - Which means it's not listening nor does is care what you want, because this is the way, people... this is the brave new world we're walking into with AI as the beacon of brainwashing.

I can say right now, without hesitation, that I loathe AI, everything about it. I hate what it is, what its doing and how its taking control. The late, great Gene Roddenberry once said he feared that someday computers would be taking over the world if we allowed them to... And here we are. Not sixty short years later. 

Things are getting so horrible, in my opinion, that I told my husband if we're forced to move we're going someplace where we use a well, a septic tank and propane and when we go we're not taking the Internet with us. He agreed. Besides... AI, when I start to 'watch' it, whether in ads or memes... makes me sick to my stomach about ten seconds in, that's how I know it's AI. Just like how colorblind folks can see camouflage netting. 

This is ridiculous... being forced something you don't want and they don't care that you don't want it but DAMMIT here it is anyway!!!

What is this... the jab? 

The irony to this... some people believe that catalogs are passe and no one uses them any longer. That's what LAZY, cheap businesses utter... But out here in the real world seed catalogs are not only craved by folks, but there's a seed company, Baker Creek, who gives out such a beautiful FREE catalog that people get them then turn around and sell them on eBay... Catalogs are yearned for and I'm one of the folks who yearns for them. And heaven for fend you should use something as ancient as a catalog because then the lord and master can't keep track of your spending habits... 

So, tell me... 

Are we given a choice of what we want or are we forced to take the crumbs they give?